Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Conversion Basics


I will be converting my 1996 Honda Integra to run on electricity.

I chose the Honda Integra for my conversion as a friend was selling one. I got it for a good price and it's in very good condition. Very tidy engine bay.. no oil to be seen! Kudos to my friend's upkeep and degreasing skills :)

Specs on the Honda Integra:
  • 1996
  • 2 door
  • Tare weight 1115kg
  • GVM 1500kg

Although it's a little heavier than the cars most people use to convert (Charades etc.) I believe it's a good choice because:
  • It's still a lightweight car
  • It has a good aerodynamic shape
  • It is safer than most micro cars
  • It is better built than the ultra-light micro cars
  • It is a car I'm happy to be seen in!
PS - Yes, she needs a clean. There's a combination of dust, pollen and bird poo on her at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment